Lester has just mailed me a bag full of old photographs. All taken at The Overseas Visitors Club, London between 1963 – 1965. If you can help in identifying any of the people below, please note the picture number and names – and send to me at jrpolson[at]bigpond[dot]com.
Thanks to Annette Cowderoy (now Annette Crossley) for her help in identifying many of the pictures. She is living in Provence, France – and can be found here.
More Recent Pictures…
There are further sets of photos at the bottom of the page… In October 2010, our old mate Ron Gyde met up with Lester in Luxor, Egypt – and they got to spend a few days together… scroll down… And there’s more… in April 2011, I got to spend a day with Lester in Chelsea in London.
1. Lester Jolly – hosting a group of friends…
2. Was Frank Delfos ever this young? Dressed for Ascot…
3. In the Grotto Bar. L-R Dudley, Bill, Ted, Frank Delfos and Kathy…
4. Dick, Gustav, Don and Cedric… in the Grotto Bar
5. One half of a crowd scene – 10th Anniversary Ball…
Back row of sitting people, 2nd from left – Johnny Derrens.
6. The other half of the same crowd scene…
First line of standing folk, on right of photo (partially obscured) is Annette Cowderoy.
7. Lester Jolly with Max, the Club Macaw…
8. Tracey – perhaps from the Gold Coast?
12. Lester Jolly (far right – front row) and…
15. Lester Jolly (L) and…
16. Max the Club Mascot, a South American Macaw, could swear in five languages and could always be relied upon to drop the magic word at exactly the wrong time…
17. Max again… Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!
18. On the left, Jean Colvin. On the right, Georgina Gaal. With a lucky David Lawson in the middle!
22. Johnny Derrens on the right?
23. Eric Muller.
24. L-R. Jean Colvin, Eric Muller and Georgina Gaal.
25. Jean Colvin.
26. Lester with… Jean Colvin and Georgina Gaal.
32. Georgina Gaal (L), David Lawson and Jean Colvin (R).
36. Di Uys (RSA) in the Central Reservations Office.
If you can help in identifying any of the people above, please note the picture number and names, and send to me at jrpolson[at]bigpond[dot]com.
October 2010: Ron drops in on Lester in Luxor.
April 2011: I spend a day with Lester in Chelsea.
And we didn’t drink much at all…
Several Pages on the Early History of the OVC…
1. New Book – ‘Earls Court, the OVC and Me‘
2. Lester Jolly’s Pictures
3. Brian Duffin (dec) – RSA
4. Nigel Raihman (dec) – Fiji & AUS
5. Readers’ Letters and Photos